eSignal & Trade Ideas. Welcome to the community!
Trade Ideas: Alerts, Scanning & Back-testing
Trade Ideas spots interesting events based on price, volume, volatility, and social media mentions.
View channels, based on various market themes, that provide preconfigured layouts of alert and top list windows as well as the ability to create custom strategies.
Welcome to Trade-Ideas! You’re here from eSignal so we know you looking at innovation with a critical eye to how tools can create a distinct advantage in your trading. With limited room at eSignal to get acquainted, let’s get you up to speed on what we’re all about – right here on the Trade-Ideas website.
Get TI Pro in eSignal for just $49/mo
- Make better trade decisions from relevant ideas with fully formed trading plans
- Watch every tick in the markets using 1000s of eyes
- Easily create, test and identify profitable strategies
- Spot interesting events you’ll otherwise miss
eSignal customers: get Trade Ideas inside eSignal for just $49/mo
Access Trade Ideas using your eSignal account.
Trade Ideas is a tool to scan the U.S. markets for trade and investment opportunities ranging across weeks, days, and intraday timeframes. Create your own scans by combining Trade Ideas’ indicators (robust alerts and filters) or tune into themed market channels regularly maintained by Trade Ideas. Many of these channels include themes that combine multiple sectors.
Trade Ideas narrows unlimited choices in the markets into observable opportunities and informed decisions by reporting on the probabilities of achieving a positive result from a scan and a trading plan. Trade Ideas analyzes multiple sets of U.S. market data. These data sets include:
- technical studies (based on price, volume, volatility, etc.)
- fundamental studies (based on EPS, market cap, Cash Flow, Quarterly Revenue, etc.)
- option volume and other derived instruments (ETFs, indices, Option Call and Put volume. Note Trade Ideas does not analyze pricing on option contracts)
- social media (based on the frequency of mentions and unusual mention activity)
Trade Ideas FAQ for eSignal
What is Trade Ideas?
How do I get help with Trade Ideas in eSignal?
The version of Trade Ideas inside eSignal is similar to Trade Ideas Pro version 3. A User’s Guide for Trade Ideas Pro version 3 is available for download here. Help videos and webinar recordings are available on our YouTube channel (youtube.com/tradeideas). Keep an eye out for invitations to exclusive Trade Ideas instructional webinars for our eSignal clients.
Please email Trade Ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 (619) 821-8198 with any questions.
Why use Trade Ideas?
You can use Trade Ideas to get customized investing and trading data in real time so you can analyze a trade before you place it. Using filtered ideas that match your trading patterns and preferences, Trade Ideas can help you act on opportunities in the market swiftly and give you an edge over the competition.
This pre-trade analysis tool, which is available with a paid subscription, monitors every trade on NASDAQ, NYSE, AMEX, OTC BB and Pink Sheets markets. Once it locates stocks that meet the criteria, you can begin the analysis process to determine if a hypothetical investment is a wise choice. The tool can help you do the following:
- Identify trends
- Determine bearish, bullish, or neutral-based trading strategies
- Develop trading scenarios
- Discover your potential for earning a profit
Things you can do with Trade-Ideas
Trade Ideas is an idea-generation software program, designed to alert you to new trade opportunities that fit your strategy in real time. Through streaming statistical and technical stock-market analytics, Trade Ideas provides a way for you to:
1. Increase your research speeds with Trade Ideas channels
The size of the market presents a challenge to traders: How can you monitor intraday activity in such a big environment? Scottrade offers Trade Ideas technology to help you get a bird’s eye view of the market and then zero in on trade opportunities that fit into your trading plan. Once you set your strategies, Trade Ideas will continually apply them to the overall market and notify you when your specific criteria are met.
2. Search the market using a variety of neutral, bullish or bearish pre-configured strategies.
Quickly apply any of the pre-configured strategies, offered in Trade Ideas, receive alerts for your selected criteria throughout the day.
3. Create your own strategy from scratch.
Design a custom strategy that matches your trading goals, and use it to search the market for opportunities tailored to your trading plan. Use alerts and filters to create limitless combinations that match your trading needs.
4. Optimize and refine any trading strategy.
Use the Optimization tool inside Trade Ideas to analyze the details of a strategy and see whether a component is working or needs further refinement. You can use the information, provided in this section, to apply additional filters and modify your strategy based on your goals.
5. React in real time, with live alerts delivered as events happen.
Trade Ideas notifies you of market developments as they occur inside the streaming Alerts window.
6. See a list of the top 100 symbols that meet your criteria.
Trade Ideas Top Lists are updated every 30 seconds to continually deliver the top 100 symbols, based on your custom configuration. You can configure your list according to a variety of filters such as price, volume, volatility, buy/sell pressures, ranges, options volume, gaps, candle behavior, movement, Bollinger Bands®, moving averages and fundamentals.
The visualization component tools with Trade Ideas and their function:
- Channel Bar – a menu for tune into or selecting layouts featuring Trade Ideas tools all of which are designed around various market themes
- Alert – a tool for designing and monitoring a specific strategy/pattern. Chronologically sorted, event based notification
- Top List – a sorted leaderboard of stocks updated every 30 seconds that meets all filtered criteria. Secondary client-side sorting and custom gradient coloring ads multiple dimension of data display
- Compare Count – compares the activity of any two strategies. Commonly used to portray New Highs and New Lows to offer a view of which market trend is dominant during the day
- Multi-Strategy – one window containing any number of Alert Windows to consolidate space
Join the weekly session
Weekly, we review the Trade Ideas technology and introduce new and upcoming features. Following the technology and features portion, we will open the floor for any questions regarding using Trade Ideas and our services.
1. Trade Ideas overview
2. Product demo, features
3. Questions and Answers